*Hand Carving Workshop
One of the things that we enjoy the most is the meditative aspect of pottery. And there's truly nothing better than sitting down with a fresh piece of pottery and slowly hand carve it. To see the patterns gradually take shape is incredibly satisfying and the therapeutic effect is undeniable.
In this workshop, you will learn the different techniques of hand carving and will have the opportunity to decorate your own ceramic pieces. We will provide you with two wheel-thrown tumblers (made prior to the workshop) and we will show you different carving techniques and tools in order to make your own decorations. Additional pieces will be available at an extra cost of $20 per piece.
After the workshop, we will take care of cleaning up, glazing and firing your pieces. Finished pieces will be available for pick up at the studio or shipped at cost about 4 weeks after the workshop.
- Workshop duration: 2 hours
- Location: at our studio, in the Fuller Building in Kingston NY.
- All levels welcome - No prior experience needed.
- Clay, tools, aprons and towels will be provided for the duration of the workshop. Clay can be messy so please wear comfortable clothes you are not too worried about getting dirty.
- Participants are welcome to BYOB.
- Up to 12 participants per workshop.
- Payment is due prior to the event. 48 hours notice required to reschedule.
- No cancellation. 6 months valid credit if cancellation is made in writing one week prior to the workshop. Workshops can only be rescheduled once and a $10 fee will be applied for rebooking.
More workshops will be announced soon. Subscribe to the newsletter below to be the first to know.
This product is unavailable