As you may or may not know, it all started for us with an intro to pottery-wheel workshop that changed everything and got us completely obsessed with the craft. We are now very excited to share that experience with you and hopefully get you as hooked as we did!
In this workshop, you will be able to learn how to throw a piece on a pottery wheel. After a demonstration, you will be able to sit at a wheel and get your hands on the clay to try it yourself. You will learn how to center a ball of clay on the wheel, lift up the walls and start shaping a piece.
After the workshop, we will take care of cleaning and finishing up your pieces for you (up to 2 pieces per person). We will then glaze and fire them in our kilns. Finished pieces will be available for pick up at the studio or shipped at cost about 4 weeks after the workshop.
- Workshop duration: 2 hours
- Location: at our studio, in the Fuller Building in Kingston NY.
- All levels welcome - No prior experience needed.
- Workshop will be tailored to beginners but if you have prior experience, we will be happy to guide you and give you extra tips to improve your skills.
- The workshop includes the possibility of keeping 2 pieces that will be glazed and fired afterwards. Possibility to keep additional pieces at an extra cost of $15/piece.
- Clay, tools, aprons and towels will be provided for the duration of the workshop. Clay is a messy craft so please wear comfortable clothes you are not too worried about getting dirty.
- Participants are welcome to BYOB.
- Up to 10 participants per workshop.
- Payment is due prior to the event.
- No cancellation. 6 months valid credit if cancellation is made in writing one week prior to the workshop. Workshops can only be rescheduled once and a $10 fee will be applied for rebooking.
More workshops will be announced soon. Subscribe to the newsletter below to be the first to know.